Thursday 30 August 2012

Mon maman intro



This is a story I need to tell. It's been on my chest for 33 years and perhaps it is now time to let it out. I don’t really know the entire truth but I will tell you what I know and what may have taken place.

Anna is my mother. She gave birth to me and brought me into this world. Without her, I would not be where I am today. I am eternally grateful to her for the strict upbringing and the push she gave me to strive for academic excellence. Thank you mum for everything you have given me! You will always be my mother and I will always love you.

What I have done now may seem unfilial but you have left me no choice. For my sanity and for the sake of my baby and my family, I have decided that we should keep our distances for now. I am still grateful for everything you have done for me and you will always be my mother. I just need to clear my head now. I still cannot understand why you did what you did and I am still trying to. Perhaps if I retrace our steps and perhaps your steps too, we may be able to find the root cause of all the pain you have endured and perhaps I will then understand why you did what you did. I still love you and because of that I want to understand you … mon maman.

No comments:

Post a Comment